What we need
Making Sport Fit will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in any contact information via email, telephone, online, face-to-face or booking/consent form. When you register as a participant/organising group/school etc. (client) of any Making Sport Fit service, (including if you are registering/renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information: name, address, email address, telephone, date of birth, emergency contact details, medical conditions, medication details, additional support requirements.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
When you book a service with us, we need to collect your personal or organisational information so that we can honour your booking and enable you/your clients to participate in the service. If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to book the service on your behalf.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in a variety of activities by sending clients’ communications and booking information for upcoming services.Our services may be filmed or photographed and your personal and/or organisational information may also be used in images captured from our services, which we use for promotional and development purposes;
- provide competition in a variety of sports or activities by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking personal information to ensure clients are entered into the correct category
- monitor and develop participation in a variety of sports or activities by monitoring client engagement and participation through a range of services and inviting our clients to participate in surveys for research and development purposes
- respond to and communicate with clients regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to any of the services provided by Making Sport Fit. Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by email at email@example.com. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a client.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our clients for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us through any of our services, we may share this on our website and social media for promotional and/or journalistic purposes. We may also share your information for monitoring or reporting purposes with Jogscotland if you use this specific service. We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of e.g. safeguarding children. We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system using password protected files on password protected systems, and is accessed by our staff for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with client services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not used our services for two years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so. Any requests received by Making Sport Fit will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk